|Season 3, Episode 4|
|Air date||October 5, 1991|
|Written by||Dorothy Middleton|
Return to Castlevania
Battle of the Baseball Know-It-Alls
The episode was written by Dorothy Middleton.
The N Team returns to Tetris, where the Puzzle Wizard, a strange new villain, has been using a device to transform the citizens into Tetris blocks. It's up to the N Team to enter the Wizard's fortress and rescue the world.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|N Team||Forces of Chaos||Others|
- Originally aired with the Super Mario World cartoon "Ghosts R Us."
- Last episode to feature Tetris, Lyle, and Mayor Squaresly.
- The song that plays during the Tetris Blocks Song Montage Chase Sequence was later reused as an unreleased soundtrack song for the Sonic the Hedgehog animated series, another video game-inspired cartoon from DiC Entertainment which came out two years after this episode.
- Both Prince Lyle and Mayor Squaresly have different color schemes in this episode than the ones used in the Season 2 episode "The Trouble With Tetris", though their overall designs are the same.
- Simon gets zapped by the Puzzle Wizard's ray before Mayor Squaresly does, yet he's still in block form (and being used as a doorstop) at the end of the episode. Why does he take so much longer to return to normal than the mayor does?
- What became of the citizens of Tetris after the Puzzle Wizard was defeated? Were they returned to normal? Or did they remajn as blocks forever?
- For that matter, if the blocks that attacked the N Team were the same victims, why did they attack instead of asking them for assistance? Couldn't they speak to them and tell them all that happened? Or were they threatened into attacking?
- Also, what about the block people in the chamber with Mayor Squaresly? Were they refugees in hiding?
- Can the riiddle the Puzzle Wizard gave Simon actually be solved? If so, what's the answer? If not, then he obviously cheated so that Simon would lose no matter what answer he came up with and be turned into a block.
Variants and alterationsEdit